JUNE 16TH 10AM-4PM
Everyone is revving up for the big day. Here are a few notes to bring you all up to speed:
1. Marg Reed (Cotton’nCrayon) will be around soon to pick up your donations for the OP Day GIFT BASKETS and answer any questions you might have or offer suggestions on how to have a great business day! A basket will soon be on display for pre-sales at OP Pub. If you would like to display a basket, contact Marg or Betty @ CIBC.
2. Kathi Nicolsen (Peace Arch News) will be dropping by to offer ad space in the OP Day supplement June 14th – a great way to ADVERTISE your business event. Advertising can be shared with Michele on our OPBA social media FB page and PANews web pages.
3. Laura Thibeault (Homelife Benchmark Realty Laurathibeault@shaw.ca) is busy organizing the VENDORS/ARTISTS around the village – a good opportunity for home based business to strut their stuff. Spaces are limited so contact Laura for your space. Laura and Darlene Haggerty will be available on June 16th to help with your set up. Color and giveaways always attract folks to your booth.
4. The OPCA is busy giving the OP HALL a face lift. Have you seen the new paint job? The Hall will be deemed a heritage site and will have an official ceremony @ 11:30 am June 16th. OPCA and the Kiwanis group will celebrate with a HERITAGE TEA FOR $3.00 the hall. Be sure to check out the OP memorabilia which will be on display. We are looking for volunteers to serve tea and help out. We are trying to put volunteers into heritage costumes. Please contact Jane Hayes(firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can volunteer.
5. Alison Anderson of Compass Seniors will be hosting the ANTIQUE ROAD SHOW on the stage in the hall. Find those treasures and have them appraised for a small donation to the OPBA/CA! Watch the PANews for Alison’s ad for details.
6. Michele Partridge is producing our STAGE ENTERTAINMENT and we look forward to a great line up to appeal to the whole family. Magicians, singers, dancers, oh my! Please watch the paper and social media for the time line of events! I heard we will see a display of the “Argentine Tango”!
SHOUT OUTS ON THE DAY/STAGE: All businesses that have an event, special or display, please send your event info to Michele, email@example.com, so we can make PR announcements from the stage through out the day!
We have received great SPONSORSHIP support for the day. Thank you to Coast Capital for the stage sponsorship and to the NOW Newspaper for the sound sponsorship. Thank you to all the “Friends of Ocean Park”. Please drop off your cheque to Betty @ CIBC asap and send your logo, bio and event info to Kathi@peacearchnews.com and OPBA_socialmedia@shaw.ca
7. Thank you to all the LOCAL BUSINESSES who are putting their best foot forward with hotdogs, floats, popcorn, displays, sales, music and more. Please tell all your customers to come on out. **Remind them that the map and timelines will be in the PANews and on the OPBA website on June 14th. Print it off and post in your stores. There will be clowns, balloons, mascots, play areas, gym circuits and taste treats around the village. **Bring extra garbage and recycle bins from home to place around. Help each other and have fun!
Cotton’n’Crayon is celebrating their 27th Anniversary and we have created a plush Ocean Park EAGLE branded with the OP Village logo, an Ocean Park keepsake for only $15.00! Check him out on Cotton’nCrayon’s FB page and like him!
8. Remember to check out the NEW OPCA/BA website! www.oceanparkvillage.com
If you have any other info to share or need help, please let us know.
Regards, Sandy Smith
June 2nd at Potters on 128th
Plans are all set for the gala event of the year in Ocean Park. We
have a variety of local wineries attending, lots of decadent food
and some great music. Tickets available at Potters, don’t get left
out there are only a few tickets left.
Look at this fabulous DOLLHOUSE donated by Laura Thibeault of Homelife Realty for the Ocean Park Day EARLY BIRD RAFFLE!
The dollhouse is valued at over $400 and was purchased from Cottons ‘n Crayons in Ocean Park.
Purchase your tickets ($5 each or 3 for $10) at RBC in Ocean Park to WIN this unique and priceless dollhouse!
You can also purchase tickets for fabulous GIFT BASKETS full of wonderful products and services from Ocean Park businesses at Ocean Park Day, Sat. June 16, 10am – 4pm.
The 13th Annual OCEAN PARK DAY is coming….
This year’s theme is “Enjoy the Nature of our Village”.
A day long festival of fun, food and entertainment is back for another year.
All local businesses are encouraged to get involved. It’s a great way to connect with our wonderful community
and let everyone know about your business!
Click here for the following:
VENDOR TABLES: Only a few left!
BASKET DONATIONS: Great way to promote your business!
A great day for the whole family!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
Apr 23, 2017
Join the City of Surrey and the Ocean Park Community Association for an invasive speices work remova...
Apr 19, 2017
On Saturday, April 15th, the Ocean Park Community Association and Dreyer Group Mortgages hosted the ...
Apr 6, 2017
Join the Ocean Park Community Association for our AGM on April 6th at 8:00 pm at the Ocean Park Hall...
Mar 9, 2017
Join the Ocean Park Community Association and the City of Surrey to clean up Fun Fun Park and get th...
Feb 15, 2017
Congratulations to the Locke Family for taking first place in this year's Amazing Race in Ocean Pa...