The Ocean Park Business Association is proud to feature
Jean Burns of JB Home Staging
What is your business and can you tell us about your products or services?
My business is a professional services company specializing in Home Staging & Redesign services for vacant and occupied homes.
My clients are individual people who are preparing their home for sale who are often overwhelmed with the thought of moving and redesigning their existing home for sale or moving into their new residence with existing furnishings. This is where I step in and help with that process. I also work with realtors whose engagement is early in the process of working with their clients to prepare their home for market ready condition for a fast sale and show home ready condition. Developers and builders, who understand the value of having a vacant property staged and have allocated and factored into their budget staging costs.
How long have you been operating in Ocean Park?
I have lived in Ocean Park for 4 1/2 years and I have been in business since March 2013. I relocated in January 2010 after having lived in Sunshine Hills North Delta for over 30 years. We built a new home in collaboration with a well established local Ocean Park builder on 22nd and 124A Street. I have always loved the feel, the vibe and community spirit including the sunshine and easy access to the beach making my decision to live, work and be a part of the OPBA and Community an easy one. Embracing change after early retirement and starting my own company to follow my passion is a dream come true.
What makes your business unique?
Through my clientele, who themselves are unique individuals each with their own unique personalities. From the engagement process to the end result, no one job is the same. My portfolio and client testimonials speak for themselves. I am often told that it is my personality and passion for what I do is why they do business with me which is what I love to hear. I would have to say it is my own distinct style combined with my client’s that makes my business one of a kind. My pricing is competitive and comparable in the professional service industry.
What are your service fees?
My service fees are $75/hr. I offer a 30 minute FREE consultation before working with a client. I believe it is a fair approach to see if this is a good fit for both parties. I have marketing packages available outlining what will be provided for this fee that are very popular with clients who are budget conscious. I have access to preferred discount pricing with rental, interior design and furniture companies that my clients can benefit from.
Do you have an event or special you would like the OPBA members to know about?
I have an offering for the month of May and June.
NEW: OPBA – Member of the Month (May) is:
Neil Fernyhough of Alexandra Neighbourhood House
Alexandra Neighbourhood House has been serving the communities of South Surrey and White Rock for almost one hundred years. Starting as a “fresh air camp” for orphans, the facility evolved into offering all sorts of residential camps, before finally becoming what it is today – an agency committed to delivering a full range of services and activities engaging and building up our shared community.
One example of this is Alex Fest, this year celebrating its fortieth anniversary, providing entertainment, education, and fun for the whole family.
Alex Fest will take place on Saturday, May 31, from 11am to 5pm.
How Do I Become OPBA’s MEMBER OF THE MONTH?
Easy! Just sign up for whatever month you want at our next monthly meeting. See you then!
The OPBA is pleased to announce that NAOMI MORIYAMA has just joined the OPBA as the Communications Coordinator Assistant to OPBA Communications Coordinator/Social Media Board Member, Michele Partridge. Naomi will be assisting the OPBA with various event promotions planned for the year.
Naomi Moriyama was born in Calgary, Alberta and lived and worked in Germany for 21 years. She possesses 2 black belts in Tae Kwon Do and Goju-Ryu Karate as well as being an accomplished musician playing guitar and blues harp. A passion for wildlife photography and travel, she started a blog to share her photos of local wildlife and exotic destinations. Naomi lives in White Rock and will bring her 10 years of direct marketing experience to our team.
The Ocean Park Business Assn. is proud to feature April’s BUSINESS SPOTLIGHT:
Jill Martyniuk of Romancing the Home
What is your business & can you tell us about your products & service? Romancing the Home is a furniture, home decor & gift store. We are very knowledgeable with the products we carry. We take pride in our customer service, striving to offer an enjoyable & relaxed atmosphere. We offer complementary gift wrapping, Gift certificates & gift baskets for any occasion.
We recently welcomed Suzette Willetts, a home decor decorator & designer to our team. For the month of April she is offering 3 hour Design packages for $200 & Romancing the Home is giving each design purchase a $75 Romancing the Home Gift Certificate.
3. What makes your business unique? I strive to carry Canadian made products along with lines from around the world. We’re the #1 one destination for Sid Dickens memory blocks which are handcrafted in Vancouver. Romancing the Home is the exclusive dealer for White Rock & Surrey. We are one of two shops that carry Jill Hall wood furniture, a unique line handcrafted in Langley. We also carry Stylus Furniture, a well-established Burnaby based business where customers can visit their showroom to checkout all the fabulous pieces with over 300 fabric choices. We carry La Rochere glassware from France, the company was established in 1475, the Bee glass was the first design fashioned after Napoleon Bonaparte. We carry beautiful spa, bath & body products from Vancouver, Kelowna, California, Italy & France. We showcase a large selection of jewelry such as Thomas Sabo Shop in Shop, a fabulous line from Germany. We have the largest collection in White Rock & Surrey. Myka Jewellery, a beautiful line with pop & colour handcrafted in Vancouver. Story ,an edgy bracelet line from Denmark & Mi Moneda, a beautiful line from Holland and Capri Blue Jewelry, a very pretty line handcrafted in Langley.
4. What are you service fees? Romancing the Home provides the most competitive pricing whenever possible.
5. Do you have any events or specials you would like OPBA members to know about? We are having our Customer Appreciation Weekend this Saturday & Sunday, April 12th & 13th, with all regular priced items in the store 25% off, excluding Sid Dickens Memory Blocks. Also tying in with our 10 year Anniversary we are selling $10 & $20 Grab Bags which have a value of $20 – $80. Come on by & check us out, you wouldn’t be disappointed!
Romancing the Home is very community oriented, we support local schools, community sports & charitable events, to date we have raised over $40,000.
The Ocean Park Business Assn. is proud to feature March’s BUSINESS SPOTLIGHT:
Jane Keresztes of Crossroads Career Counselling
1. What is your business and can you tell us about your products or services?
I am a certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP) and my business is Crossroads Career Counselling. I am passionate about helping youth and adults discover the best career and life path to achieve their goals, fulfill their dreams and manage their talents. Through detailed Personality Assessments and the evaluation of your strengths, values and traits, I assist in developing a new career path for those in transition
2. How long have you been operating in Ocean Park?
3. What makes your business unique?
4. What are your service fees?
5. Do you have an event or special you would like the OPBA members to know about?
Apr 23, 2017
Join the City of Surrey and the Ocean Park Community Association for an invasive speices work remova...
Apr 19, 2017
On Saturday, April 15th, the Ocean Park Community Association and Dreyer Group Mortgages hosted the ...
Apr 6, 2017
Join the Ocean Park Community Association for our AGM on April 6th at 8:00 pm at the Ocean Park Hall...
Mar 9, 2017
Join the Ocean Park Community Association and the City of Surrey to clean up Fun Fun Park and get th...
Feb 15, 2017
Congratulations to the Locke Family for taking first place in this year's Amazing Race in Ocean Pa...